The Quiet life

Its the little moments in life.. a summer walk on the beach, a hike up the mountain, handing spare change to the homeless, indulging in ice cream, soaking your feet in the hot-tub, comforting people, road-trip weekends, sports, outdoors, cooking dinner, or catching up on old times; this is the simple life.
I lead that quiet simple life. I do what i need to make a means come to an end, and at the end of the day; I come home to my place of refugee.
I am not run by things of the world, nor do I let them run me; this IS my quiet life pledge to myself.
Enjoy!
JD

Monday, November 8, 2010

Wrestling Within

It seems that all my thoughts come to me at the most sleep deprived times in my life. I keep wondering if there is something that is wrong with me or if I am just that worried about something that my body won't let it go;or if I am just plain psychotic!!!
 In my adventures this week I decided that I was going to do some forgiving. I have struggled to be the good person in a really bad situation, but this is a part of my life chapter that i just want it to be closed. Instead of getting upset, or even hurt, I decided to be the bigger man; as the good lord and mamma taught in sunday school . I wanted to communicate to this person that I was grateful to have them in my life, but that in order for me to move forward, I had to let go of the past. 
Before I approached the situation I thought long and hard about how i would be able to communicate everything that was plaguing my mind. Without notice I found myself turning in a spiritual reading store before heading to talk to this person. 
I kept a "Open mind" going into the reading, letting god know, "hey if you want to talk to me, here is your chance." 
I can't really go into all the details about what i heard, but I did walk out of there with a whole new perspective on what needed to be done. i no longer was wrestling within. 

No comments: