One of my good friends left a saying last time I blogged, a saying that i have yet to get out of my head this week. As your week goes by, do you think about life, and the lessons that you can learn in the week. My mind is at a constant speed, i watch, listen, and learn each day just observing and making myself aware of the world. Last night was was one of those AHA moments during the parade of people decked out from head to toe in the most interesting costumes that you have ever seen. As i watched the friends, lovers, and groups of people interact with each other, i couldn't help but hear the phrase "let it be." Halloween is one of those holidays, where people just let it be. Going all out for a holiday, in my opinion, is a made up holiday where people let themselves just be; including me. i thought about all the Halloween's i have lived through, the physical seasonal changes my body has gone through, and the future ones i will have. I also look forward to sharing season's with a partner. Can you imagine being married 20 or even 30 years; think about all the costumes changes you will have, and what you will let yourself be.
Life is like this made up holiday, rarely do we let our inner emotions just be. Why can't we be who we want to everyday of the year. We let our work life, and personal life take over the driver's seat. Think about the last time you were alone. When was the last time that you took to yourself to have a day off, write in your journal, read your book, go to the park, or do what you wanted to do to make your happy. What about the person or friend you love the most, when was the last time you called or even visited. You never know when they are not going to be there, life is precious, take all moments you can.
I have taken the personal challenge each week to let myself be, reflect on my week, my life, and how I can better the relationships with others better. i look forward to finding the person I want to be, and also be the person that my partner,my best friend can come to me, and we can just be. I wait in anticipation for the many times the I get to be who I want to be, not only one day out of the year, but as many days I let myself be.
The Quiet life
Its the little moments in life.. a summer walk on the beach, a hike up the mountain, handing spare change to the homeless, indulging in ice cream, soaking your feet in the hot-tub, comforting people, road-trip weekends, sports, outdoors, cooking dinner, or catching up on old times; this is the simple life.
I lead that quiet simple life. I do what i need to make a means come to an end, and at the end of the day; I come home to my place of refugee.
I am not run by things of the world, nor do I let them run me; this IS my quiet life pledge to myself.
Enjoy!
JD
No comments:
Post a Comment