Heading to the grocery store today I saw a much hunched completely over pushing his walker to head into the grocery store. As i passed him I could see the determination on his mind that he was going to get in that store and do what he needed to do in order for him to survive. I noticed on his walked a sticker that stated "though I fought hard, I am still fighting." I am reminded of all the little battles that we each face in our own lives, and the lessons that we learn from each of those battles. I think of this man hunched over the fighting that he had to do to even get to the store;let alone shop. Am i personally determined to fight this hard for anything in my life? My mind also reflected back to the veterans day parade that I was able to help out this past week. The courage that the man and woman had to face each day on the battle ground is something I could not fathom. I am not a wimp by any means, and I am sure that if push came to shove I would've done anything for my country, and the fight for survival. What the man and woman gave to all of us and still do, is something I will not take lightly.
The past year for me also has been a fighting cause. I have done a lot of changes in my life that have made me "fight" to find whom I am.. I have come to learn that the past mistakes and lessons prepare you for the now in the smallest of ways. There have been times lately where I feel that i need to just give in, but something in me says you can make it one more day. I hope that the lesson from this hunched over man will be constant reminder to me that no matter what battle you face for the week, day, or even hour that you can do anything as long as you still fight, and fight hard.
The Quiet life
Its the little moments in life.. a summer walk on the beach, a hike up the mountain, handing spare change to the homeless, indulging in ice cream, soaking your feet in the hot-tub, comforting people, road-trip weekends, sports, outdoors, cooking dinner, or catching up on old times; this is the simple life.
I lead that quiet simple life. I do what i need to make a means come to an end, and at the end of the day; I come home to my place of refugee.
I am not run by things of the world, nor do I let them run me; this IS my quiet life pledge to myself.
Enjoy!
JD
No comments:
Post a Comment