The Quiet life
Its the little moments in life.. a summer walk on the beach, a hike up the mountain, handing spare change to the homeless, indulging in ice cream, soaking your feet in the hot-tub, comforting people, road-trip weekends, sports, outdoors, cooking dinner, or catching up on old times; this is the simple life.
I lead that quiet simple life. I do what i need to make a means come to an end, and at the end of the day; I come home to my place of refugee.
I am not run by things of the world, nor do I let them run me; this IS my quiet life pledge to myself.
Enjoy!
JD
Sunday, November 21, 2010
UNthankful
You would think that the this blog would be dedicated to the word THANKFUL.. as in Thanksgiving. However I thought it would be interesting to figure out what I was UNthankful for. After contemplating that thought in my mind, I couldn't really think of much (beyond the basic) items that I was UNthankful for. Driving this morning I was looking around for things that I would be UNthankful and noticed that I did actually come up with many things that would not like to battle with each day. Interesting enough, seeing all things that I wouldn't like to face, made me grateful for the things that I do have, even the small things. As life situations hit us each day are we prepared for the thankful for what we do have, and how maybe the creator is humbling us for the battles that we face. Wither it be a flat tire, a empty bank account, a accident, sickness, a lost of a loved one, are we not grateful for the lesson that we are getting or being prepared for. Next time in your life when you have one of those "why me" days, stop and think.. what am i UNgrateful for. Maybe your perspective will change.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
so much to be thankful for! I guess it's time to post Jadon's song again! ;o) Thanks for the reminder.
Post a Comment