The Quiet life

Its the little moments in life.. a summer walk on the beach, a hike up the mountain, handing spare change to the homeless, indulging in ice cream, soaking your feet in the hot-tub, comforting people, road-trip weekends, sports, outdoors, cooking dinner, or catching up on old times; this is the simple life.
I lead that quiet simple life. I do what i need to make a means come to an end, and at the end of the day; I come home to my place of refugee.
I am not run by things of the world, nor do I let them run me; this IS my quiet life pledge to myself.
Enjoy!
JD

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

.sleepless in seattle

Damaged.. its 2am in the morning and I am literally sleepless in Seattle. I have been doing a lot of reflecting in the past few days while staying here in beatiful northwest. I feel like Sara Jessica Parker in Sex  and the city. I have met some of the most amazing people in my life through the various sports tournaments traveling with them all over the country. Even though I don't have the 3 other best friends in the world like Sarah does, I feel that I have 30 best friends all over the states. Time is inevitable, we all one day will get old fat, wrinkled, and not able to move as fast as we used to. In the end its those lasting friends, the ones that you met years ago, and can still pick off where you left it. The moments at the traveling tournaments you create that bond on and off the field, that will last a lifetime.

No comments: